Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Chloé Alphabet: M is for Music






Chloé is celebrating their 60th anniversary by sharing a letter by letter retrospective. They've chosen 26 bloggers to present a letter each and I've been so generously included in the batch.

I was assigned the letter M for Music which has served as an inspiration for the brand since it's inception. Gaby Aghion, Chloé's founder, named her designs after favourite musicians from Debussy to Dylan and garments have featured musical instruments and notes throughout the years.

Take a peek at the remaining letters for a look at Chloé's playful past here. I especially enjoyed watching the video about Gaby Aghion which you can watch here. For Parisian pals, check out the exhibition celebrating Chloé's 60 years at Palais de Tokyo.

Chloé was one of the first names I could rattle off as one I liked when I was wee one first discovering an interest in fashion. Their brand has always appeared youthful and sweet without being patronizingly so and their current collection is a perfect balance of elegance and playfulness, something I hope to capture in my own dressing. It was neat to discover a little more about the brand through this project!

Below you can watch a video of John Gosling and Seb Chew discuss their selection of music for Chloé's shows and hear a mix of their runway favourites here!



A favourite Chloé campaign. Those dresses, that hair!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friends! I do my best to respond to all of your thoughtful comments on your blogs, I apologize in advance if this is not always done in the most timely manner! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails